In this expanding digital world, the mobile market is growing at a rate of knots, with apps acting as the bullseye of this dynamic development. What is your mobile app development strategy to hit this target?“There’s an app for it” is now a trademarked slogan of the mobile market since its beginning in 2008. Post the inception of apps followed by its worldwide acceptance by customers, put apps on the path of massive growth. Following this, boot camps claiming to teach coding to develop apps popped up at every nook and cranny. Soon, smarter businesses realized the long-term value of apps and initiated their mobile app development journey. So then why did businesses start failing? Tactics without strategy are like the noise before defeat. Businesses that invested tons of money in developing apps failed due to the absence of a strong design and planning. In contrast, putting a clear strategy before developing an app brought success to the companies that built them. Jim Rohn once said, “Success is 20% skills and 80% strategy. You might know how to succeed, but more importantly, what’s your plan to succeed?” Thus, it is important to understand strategy evaluation and its implementation before beginning with the mobile app development process. Before we dive into the topic in-depth, let’s dig into the mobile app usage statistics to understand how users spend their time on their mobile phones. It also helps to provide and identify various opportunities for building mobile applications.
Mobile App Development Cycle 2021With over 3.5 billion smartphone worldwide users, we can safely say that the smartphone industry is thriving. Here are some statistics on the mobile phone user base that is growing steadily:
- Revenue from mobile apps is set to cross $693 billion in 2021.
- The average consumer has over 30 apps installed on their device in a month.
- Over 85% of consumers prefer native apps over mobile cross websites.
- Over 62% of smartphone owners have downloaded apps on their devices, and games are the top application category used in the past 30 days.
1. Efficient And Clear DefinitionPre-planning your mobile app development starts with clearly laying out the concept of the app. Conveying a short description of the app and its core concept helps others understand your app in a defined manner. Make sure to incorporate the app’s core idea, including the key features you are expecting to have in it. The draft of your app should be capable enough to provide coherent answers to the following questions:
- What is the app about?
- Are there any better alternatives already available?
- What are your expectations from the app?
- How will it work, and who is going to be the target audience?
- How can it engage and be useful to end-users?